|1 week placement||US $1490|
|Each additional week||US $1400|
- Clinical shadowing placement
- Full-time Personal Mentor (a doctor, nurse or other health professional)
- Safe, secure, fully-serviced accommodation in the Gap Medics House
- Tasty home-cooked meals
- Personal support and guidance before and throughout your placement
- 24-hour support and supervision
- Organised community volunteering
- Official Reference for academic applications
- A true adventure!
I managed to fund my whole two-week placement with Gap Medics purely through fundraising. I completed a 110-mile coast-to-coast bike ride over two days and raised $860 through sponsorship. I also held a college social event where I was able to hire a local facility for free. I asked a few of my friends to provide speakers and music (for free) and charged $5 a ticket. It was a great night and I raised $1000 for my placement! For extra cash, I also sold unwanted items at car boot sales and held several cake sales.
My main fundraising tip would be to talk to as many people as possible, let them know what you are doing, explain the cause and see if they are willing to help! I found that people are generous once they have heard it’s such a worthy cause